Saturday, November 25, 2006

Happy Shirt

Yesterday we were shopping in downtown Seattle. There were a bunch of right-wing-christians there with signs telling us things like what the wages of sin were etc. We were at a corner waiting to cross the street to get to the great sales at The Bon Marche (now Macy's like every other department store) and there was a guy with a sign that said "That shirt will not make you happy." I could only assume the sign was directed to the woman next to me as her shirt was causing even me discomfort. But one shouldn't assume, so I thought it best to ask the sign bearer to narrow down which shirt he meant. After all I wouldn't want to pay good money for a shirt if it were cursed and would make me unhappy. So I asked the young man, "Is it a Kenneth Cole shirt?" Surprisingly he just glared at me. I took that to mean "no", since if he was dedicated enough to carry a sign, surely he would have immediatly let me know if I had identified the type of shirt that would not bring me happiness. Alas, There were no Kenneth Cole shirts that caught my fancy either at The Bon or the Kenneth Cole store. I do hope the man found the person with the unhappy shirt though.

No comments: